Episode #356: Jim Paulsen, The Leuthold Group, “The Wildcard Is Inflation and Whether or not It’s Really Transitory”
Visitor: Jim Paulsen is Chief Funding Strategist of The Leuthold Group, LLC. He’s a member of the funding committee, authors market and financial commentary, and works with the Leuthold funding crew in serving institutional, monetary advisor, and funding skilled purchasers.
Date Recorded: 9/22/2021 | Run-Time: 48:49
Abstract: In at the moment’s episode, we’re speaking markets with somebody who’s been at it for over 30 years. Jim explains why the shift from a depressionary bust to a growth final yr was not like something he’s seen. Then we discuss the place present sentiment is and the way buyers are positioned. Lastly, Jim walks by his framework for analyzing whether or not inflation is really transitory and what he expects to occur because the Fed continues to taper.
You should definitely stick round and listen to the place Jim thinks it’s best to and shouldn’t be invested if we expertise a market pullback.
Sponsor: The Concept Farm provides you entry to over $100,000 value of investing analysis, the type normally learn by solely the world’s largest establishments, funds, and cash managers. Be a part of at the moment and get entry to quarterly CAPE ratios, an excel quant backtester and the whole analysis library. And better of all, there’s a 30-day free trial interval.
Feedback or solutions? Electronic mail us Suggestions@TheMebFaberShow.com or name us to depart a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Serious about sponsoring an episode? Electronic mail Justin at email@example.com
Hyperlinks from the Episode:
- 0:40 – Intro
- 1:16 – Welcome to our visitor, Jim Paulsen
- 1:57 – What the US economic system seems to be prefer to Jim at the moment
- 14:04 – Why investor worry and market returns aren’t aligned currently
- 15:31 – Wholesome steadiness sheets, rising startups, and productiveness progress
- 21:07 – Rising public concern about the place or not the Fed will begin tapering
- 24:09 – Let’s Speak DEFENSE (Paulsen); His ideas on rebalancing defensively for a attainable market correction
- 27:09 – The strangeness of sovereign bonds and rates of interest around the globe
- 33:09 – Is gold nonetheless each a hedge towards inflation and retailer of worth?
- 38:56 – Jim’s favourite charts and indicators
- 42:04 – Probably the most memorable moments of his profession
- 44:02 – Would alien discovery be bullish or bearish for markets?
- 45:30 – Study extra about Jim Paulsen; leutholdgroup.com
Transcript of Episode 356: