Messaging apps are ubiquitous – greater than 3.6 billion folks worldwide use them, with the common particular person sending as much as 72 messages each 24 hours. Day-after-day WhatsApp alone channels over 100 billion message, whereas WeChat transmits 205 million video messages.
With this reputation has come a darker facet: that of hacked private knowledge, cybertheft, and authorities violations of privateness. The best way messaging apps are designed, work, and are managed exposes them by default to many dangers:
- Most messaging apps require the consumer to enter delicate private knowledge, together with title, cellphone quantity, and date of delivery.
- Many apps use your private knowledge for their very own functions. Fb is thought to share the information of Fb Messenger and WhatsApp customers with advertisers.
- International surveillance operations of residents with WhatsApp accounts have been undertaken by governments by way of the usage of adware.
A latest collection of high-profile occasions have highlighted the scale and frequency of the issue:
- Telegram, thought-about the safer choice to WhatsApp, suffered a large knowledge leak in August 2020 that uncovered the non-public knowledge of over 500 million customers.
Moreover, newer messaging platforms aren’t addressing the issue successfully. Sign, thought-about to be a superior various to each WhatsApp and Telegram, nonetheless makes use of cloud-based structure and permits messages to non-users that are non-encrypted.
An actual and viable answer could as a substitute be discovered within the energy of Blockchain know-how. A group of Lithuanian communication know-how specialists has just lately developed an answer that particularly eliminates all the issues of worldwide messaging platforms. This answer known as Secretum.
Secretum is the world’s first and solely decentralised, encrypted messaging app, constructed on the Solana Blockchain. It provides customers a protected, hassle-free, and direct messaging platform, revolving round main technological benefits:
- No servers, no moderators, and full end-to-end encryption for all messages between customers.
- No message knowledge or file storage in a centralised location or on the cloud – solely on trusted and independently verified nodes within the Secretum community.
- Customers can join solely with their crypto pockets addresses. No have to share names, birthdates, or every other delicate knowledge – in different phrases, whole anonymity.
Along with these benefits as a messaging app, Secretum permits customers to commerce P2P fungible and non-fungible crypto belongings in an economical means, bypassing present exchanges.
Solana, thought-about the quickest Blockchain on this planet, permits Secretum to leverage low gasoline charges and excessive block speeds, becoming a member of a profitable crypto ecosystem with 400+ tasks worldwide.
The result’s an app that drastically adjustments the best way folks talk by way of instantaneous messaging, making it safer, extra dependable, and extra user-friendly than ever earlier than.
Secretum has the potential to develop right into a globally identified, famend, and used platform – attaining the ubiquity of WhatsApp or Telegram, solely with none of their main weaknesses.